Eu.Terpe Foundation commissioned a new work from Marcos Fernandez funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union to be performed in a European tour in association with :
- The Associazione Musicale Bruno Maderna (Forlí – Italy).
- URBAN Association (Sarajevo – Bosnia)
- Orquesta Ciudad de Almería (Spain)
The project, titled A debut opera for an inclusive Europe:
- Transnational co-creation and circulation of musical works, while increasing the repertoire of the European classical music heritage.
- Raise awareness of the Syrian refugees.
- Represents a moment of co-creation and co-production among EU artists, and between EU artist and refugee artist or in diaspora aiming at strengthening intercultural dialogue through music..
- Represents a human and professional journey which opens the way to experiment new ways to engage with audience, change the perception of classical music and to be adapted and replicate by small orchestras throughout Europe.
The project counts with the help of Missak Baghboudarian, conductor of the Syrian National Symphony Orchestra to established a connection with the Syrian Expat Philharmonic Orchestra (SEPO), the first Symphony Orchestra for the Syrian professional musicians who live in European Union countries.